Would you like to help the music department grow? It is simple, just click here for Elementary Music school supplies or here for Band Room school supplies. You will see a list of items that our students could put to good use at Neuse Charter School. Once you purchase the item, it will be sent directly to Neuse Charter School. Thank you for your consideration!
- Kindergarten students will focus on their voice, steady beat, rhymes, and poems.
- First Grade students will sing with a wider range, learn about music literacy and start to play Orff Instrumentation.
- Second Grade will start to sing independently, sing stories, read even more, music symbols and begin to create their music.
- Third Grade continues their vocal training with partner songs, canons and play a variety of instruments.
- Fourth Grade sings using harmony, reads music fluently and starts lessons on the recorder.
- Level 1 Beginner Band is started in the fifth and sixth grade. We discover how to play a band instrument.
- Level 2 Band is the second level of instrumental training. We are using Book 2 and learning more notes and techniques.
- Level 3 is the third level of instrumental training. Essential Techniques, Book 3 teaches mastery of music theory.
- Concert Band is made up of the founding members of the NCS Band Program. We work together to perform at the highest level.
- Heather Murray is our new Theater Teacher.