Would you like to help the music department grow? It is simple, just click here for Elementary Music school supplies or here for Band Room school supplies. You will see a list of items that our students could put to good use at Neuse Charter School. Once you purchase the item, it will be sent directly to Neuse Charter School. Thank you for your consideration!
- Kindergarten students will focus on their voice, steady beat, rhymes, and poems.
- First Grade students will sing with a wider range, learn about music literacy and start to play Orff Instrumentation.
- Second Grade will start to sing independently, sing stories, read even more, music symbols and begin to create their music.
- Third Grade continues their vocal training with partner songs, canons and play a variety of instruments.
- Fourth Grade sings using harmony, reads music fluently and starts lessons on the recorder.
- Fifth Grade sings using harmony, reads music fluently and starts lessons on the guitar.
- Level 1 Beginner Band is started in the sixth grade. We discover how to take care of the instrument and play your band instrument. We use Book 1 of Essential Elements and perform band literature.
- Level 2 Band is the second level of instrumental training. We are using Book 2 of Essential Elements and learning more notes and techniques.
- Level 3 is the third level of instrumental training. Essential Techniques, Book 3 teaches mastery of music theory.
- Concert Band is made up of the founding members of the NCS Band Program. We work together to perform at the highest level. We use Habits of a Successful Musician as our Band method book.
- Students will spend the semester studying a class specific musical and perform material from the musical in an end of the semester production. In addition to rehearsing music and choreography for several musical numbers, the class will discuss technical elements of the production such as set and costume design.
- Introduction to dance is divided into three areas of study: Technique, Dance History, and Performance. This course will cover a variety of dance styles at the beginning level, including Modern, Jazz, Hip Hop, and Musical Theatre. Students will also learn choreographic tools and terms to create movement studies and solos.
- Students will learn the principles of great design and typography while using professional-grade Adobe design software to create digital drawings, logos, advertisements, magazine layouts, and more. The program educates students to become resourceful designers engaged in visual communication practices. Students will learn how graphic design influences society, the use of marketing techniques and the training requirements to become a graphic artist.