Would you like to help the music department grow? It is simple, just click here for Elementary Music school supplies or here for Band Room school supplies. You will see a list of items that our students could put to good use at Neuse Charter School. Once you purchase the item, it will be sent directly to Neuse Charter School. Thank you for your consideration!
- Kindergarten students will focus on their voice, steady beat, rhymes, and poems.
- First Grade students will sing with a wider range, learn about music literacy and start to play Orff Instrumentation.
- Second Grade will start to sing independently, sing stories, read even more, music symbols and begin to create their music.
- Third Grade continues their vocal training with partner songs, canons and play a variety of instruments.
- Fourth Grade sings using harmony, reads music fluently and starts lessons on the recorder.
- Fifth Grade sings using harmony, reads music fluently and starts lessons on the guitar.
- Level 1 Beginner Band is started in the sixth grade. We discover how to take care of the instrument and play your band instrument. We use Book 1 of Essential Elements and perform band literature.
- Level 2 Band is the second level of instrumental training. We are using Book 2 of Essential Elements and learning more notes and techniques.
- Level 3 is the third level of instrumental training. Essential Techniques, Book 3 teaches mastery of music theory.
- Concert Band is made up of the founding members of the NCS Band Program. We work together to perform at the highest level. We use Habits of a Successful Musician as our Band method book and every child has a Smart Music account.
- Students will learn the principles of great design and typography while using professional-grade Adobe design software to create digital drawings, logos, advertisements, magazine layouts, and more. The program educates students to become resourceful designers engaged in visual communication practices. Students will learn how graphic design influences society, the use of marketing techniques and the training requirements to become a graphic artist.